July 15, 2010

Joseph

<





Joseph...aka Jo jo, was born on August 16, 2007. He was the biggest of all the boys, weighing in at 8 lbs. 7 oz.... a week early! As you can see, from above picture, I was a TRUCK with Joseph. This was why I was induced yet again. I could barely walk, it felt like he was going to fall out anyday, and I had so much pelvic pain I couldn't stand it. So when they did an ultrasound at 38 or so weeks and realized he was already 7 lbs. 13 oz....they said yeah, it think it will be ok to induce you :) Quite a jump from my two previous little seven pounders!




I think (sometimes my labors blur together a little) I went in the night before with Joseph and they started the pitocin early in the morning. I just remember being SO hungry during labor. I just kept asking for "just a little orange juice" or anything! The hunger I think was worse than the contractions! Finally, I was allowed to have an orange popsicle and that was the best popsicle I have EVER eaten....it gave me the strength to finish it on out :) Everything else pretty much the same, no epidural, I think I may have had some stadol or phenegran because I hate feeling nauesous. Joseph was the easiest delivery, I guess after two they just slide right out maybe ;) When the nurse announced his weight I sat straight up and gasped in amazement "8 lbs 7 oz???" He was easier to push out that my seven-pounder....I was shocked! However, he was apparently very blue-colored so they whisked him off to the NICU. I didn't know what was going on, but the cord had been wrapped around his neck, and cut off his breathing for a while. He was back within five minutes and healthy as a horse! That child was ready to eat the moment I held him, knew exactly what to do and went right for it....hasn't slowed down since! He is the sweetest little thing and I love him to death. He will be three in about a month! I can never get enough of his sweet face!!


No comments: